Thursday, April 24, 2008

Surgery Update

Mom is out of surgery and the doctor found nothing!! The fluid and what he thought was cancer cells building back up in her body is actually old scar tissue from the radiation she received with her cervical cancer 28 years ago and the new scar tissue from the last chemo-wash. The doctor does not understand why the CA125 level is abnormal so he took several biopsies. We will know next week about what we are dealing with and what the next step should be, if any. So good news but still a little uncertain.

She is not going to ICU tonight as was planned and is now out of recovery and in a regular room. Drugs are still making her very groggy and she doesn't understand what is happening. We were prepared for the long haul of recovery so this is really something to comprehend. I had to sit down when Dad told me the news and I was just speechless. I say prayers were answered.

Thank you for every prayer!

I will update tomorrow with more news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! Thank you for keeping us posted. Please pass along our love and prayers.

Unknown said...

Prayers were answered and prayer warriors all over had her on their prayer list. Prise The Lord. This is is the best new ever.Passing this on to other 'cyber' friends of Cathy's. Thank you so much for this news, Amy. Please give your Mom my love and tell her she's in my prayers and thought.
Big Hugs,
Cathy in 'bama