Monday, April 28, 2008

Setback

They are not on their way home.


At the doctor's appointment this morning, she had 100.2 degree fever. Dr. Loggie has given her antibiotics and does not want her to go too far just yet. They both want to leave the hotel so she has gone to her sister's house which is about 2-3 hours away. I know Dad is trying his best but needs a break. Hopefully with a change of scenery and a good home cooked meal, they both will have a better outlook in the morning. The next 24-48 hours will determine if she goes back to Dr. Loggie or starts the journey home.


I know she will be looking at this later this evening so please post an uplifting message for her to read. She is still hurting from the surgery and just doesn't feel good. She needs to be strong mentally for a speedy recovery.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noon Monday:

Amy, you are doing a great job keeping us informed. Thanks. C.J. and I are so sorry that the news turned bad this morning. At least Cathy didn't have to go back to the hospital. Maybe things will be better tomorrow. We pray and hope.

Joan and C.J. in Houston, TX

Anonymous said...

Think about your big sister sitting at the computer with her 2month old grandson at her side in his bouncer. Think about me changing diapers and fixing bottles again at 60!!! He is starting to smile a little, think about how precious that smile is. I know things will be better tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm back at work today & have read everything about A. Cathy. I just had to post something after reading about her temp this morning. We will be praying and if she happens to see this... just imagine a COW in my swimming pool! Yes it happened. I'll leave your imagination to wonder.
Love ya'll
Mary Beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy, for all the posts! It's been good to get all the updates. Just thought I would let everyone know that Cathy is here in Kansas City and resting. Her fever came down to normal a little while ago. Yea!! She has been drinking alot of water and even ate a piece of cake!! Even though I have offered to fix a home-cooked meal, I think they have decided to order take-out from the local China Wok!! You know how it is after you've been on a IV diet, we'll see what she feels like when she wakes up!! I think she is doing well, considering all that she has been through! It's a little chilly, but a beautiful sunny day here...so hopefully that will brighten her spirits...she did laugh when I read to her about Carolyn changing the diapers and Mary Beth's cow!
Prayers are sure being answered!
Louise

Anonymous said...

Nanny-hope you are doing better. Everything is fine here, except the 2 snakes in my driveway. The kids are wanting to see you, so get better and come home soon. Love, Dale, Farrah and kids

Anonymous said...

Oh and Amy you are doing great keeping everyone up to date. Farrah

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I know you'll be home soon surrounded by lots of love. It's much easier to recuperate in your own environment. I'm glad to hear your fever is down today. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

Hey Girlfriend, We've been getting houses ready for new chicks coming Thursday so just now reading this last update. Glad I read your sister's update and that fever is down. You're probably just worn out and needed to see family faces, huh? Prayers still going up for you Sweetie.
Love and Hugs,
Cathy in 'bama

Anonymous said...

Cathy had a good night and has been fever free since about 2am, so they decided to get on the road to home this morning! they left about 8:20. I think she is going to be fine and will certainly do much better when she gets home and in her own surroundings!
Love and prayers,
Louise

Anonymous said...

Cathy, just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

I'll be glad when you are home again, and know you will be too.
Hopefully, it will be soon!

Girl, you need to do something a little more fun on your next "vacation."

We're having the ReShape graduation on Thursday. Then we will do monthly support group meetings. I really want you to come to the monthly meetings. . .but only after you fully recover. Taking care of yourself is more important than anything else right now.

I love you! Be careful coming home. Joyce