Friday, December 5, 2008

Calling all my grandkids!

Not sure what my problem is but I just can't get going to get my tree decorated! Last year, all my little munchkins arrived one afternoon and it was done. I am not that much of a decorator so wherever they hang the ornaments is most likely where they stay! I have boxes full of Christmas "pretties" to sit around but don't think I will this year. Ya know......what comes out has to go back in the boxes in a few weeks. Am I being bahhhh-humbug or is it just my age?

I wanted a new tree this year(downsized)....I really wanted a silver or white one but JD said, NO. Wonder why?

I have only bought a few Christmas presents but nothing wrapped, maybe I should just do gift cards?

We drove up north last week and wow did the weather change. Only an hour away and the temp dropped to 39 degrees. It followed us home too!

If any of my bloggers r following The Stephanie Vest Story, u read that she passed away this week. So young and beautiful. She touched many life's with her blog page that was kept by her husband and many friends. I am telling u, a blog page is good therapy.

Today has been a lazy day for me and sure hope I get a jump start in the morning!

1 comment:

Tootsie said...

WOW! I feel the same way about the tree and trimmings, so does Lisa, Marie and my neighbor across the street!! Maybe it's our age; maybe it's the shorter season between TDay and Christmas. We hung our wreath outside, and that's all I'm going to do. I don't have the "Bah-humbugs", but I don't feel like decorating. Since I don't have the grandsons living here anymore, I don't feel pressured to it. You tell JD I said you deserve a new tree if you want one. :-D I think we'll do the downsize thing when trees go on clearance after Christmas.
Hugs to you and JD!