......when I was a teenager (many moons ago) I always wanted the 'tan'. Friends and I would layout in our backyards or as we got older, we would go to the AR River. We would cover our skin in baby oil and iodine. Mom and Dad would tell me not to do it because I have a fair complexion. Now grant u I was a toothpick of 98 lbs or less...and really thought I looked cool in my nothing bikini. Kinda gross thinking about it now! OK...got the picture? Well cool me, has had 2 basil cell carcinoma cancers to appear, where else but on the bikini line. Had the second removed this week. Not a fun thing. The moral is.....listen to Mom and Dad! Dale has my complexion and his kids r blond hair and blue eyes. When he was growing up, I would try to cover him in sunscreen but as he got older it just wasn't cool to be rubbed down in lotion. Now he works in the sun 24/7 and I worry (something Mom's never stop doing) about his skin and the kids.
......Tonight is our hayride. Anna and I made cookies yesterday and Harlie helped me make a cheese dip today. It will be easy with hot dogs and bologna and smores. As Jimmy said this morning, 'Keep it simple and all we need is a hot dog and mustard slapped on a bun.' YEA right~!!
OH........did u have the sound on for my blog???? Someone is helping me dress my page! More later as she has time to fix 'er up.
Enjoy the fall weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Look at you go! I like the new background and the tunes. And the pics of your family are the best! I used the same baby oil and iodine and the bikini when I was growing up. Oh, the good ol' days! I think I still have a bottle of baby oil and iodine in my bathroom...HA! Sorry to hear about the carcinomas, but I'm glad they were found and taken care.
Post a Comment