Sunday, October 26, 2008

The HayRide!

 


WHAT A RIDE!! Needless to say the kids had a blast last night! Joshua and I went ahead with the 4 wheeler and trailer load of 'soapy water' and food. JD, Dale and the twins were building the fire already. I must say, as long as I have lived here, J and I could have gotten lost! The only thing that went wrong was we didn't start early enough. I do not like to move around outdoors in the dark.....Kinda like the poem that goes: "There is nothing to compare to treading in the darkness on the step that isn't there!" Does anyone remember who said that one? Anyway, the hayride is a done deal for 2008!

Funny story: The twins were eating supper with us one night last week. We finished and I told Lane to take his plate to the cabinet. I noticed he had a hard time figuring out what to do with it. Grandpa told Levi to take his. He had the same problem finding the cabinet. Grandpa said, 'What do u do with your plates at home, don't u take them to the cabinet?" Without hesitation he replied, "NO, we put them on the counter!" Different strokes for different folks! :o)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: