Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice storm of '09

 

This pic was taken from my front porch. Jimmy has not 'allowed' me any further outside because he doesn't want me to break any bones! Isn't he sweet! :)

It finally happened.....we lost power from 10:15pm-8:30am. But we r the lucky ones. I have friends who have been out for 24 hrs and still counting. I did check on the Bella Vista relatives and so far so good on the power!

The chickens made it just fine because they have the backup generator and life goes on as usual for them while we have to keep a check on the generator that it doesn't malfunction!

I did cook breakfast this morning on the wood stove. Sausage, biscuits and eggs. It was fun!! That is why I still have the iron skillets!

I do hope the sun pops out in the morning and the clearing starts on the roads as I need to get out of the house!

Later......
ch
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tootsie said...

My, my....you've been busy posting while I was out of touch! We were without power from last Tues at 8:30 a.m. until sometime today (Mon.) It was on when I got home from work. We didn't suffer though. Our gas fireplace never let the house temp get below 60 degrees, and we have a gas water heater for hot showers, and a gas stove. We did buy a generator to save the freezer and refrigerator. I'm glad you weren't without power too long.