Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to Carolyn!

Tomorrow is my 'older' sister's birthday. She will be 61!! Of course her birthday only means mine is not far behind. yuck!

Ok....a few memories....

I remember the time u got hit in the head with a rock on our walk home from school. I ran ahead of u screaming, "Mom Mom...sister is hurt come quick"!! I remember lots of blood but no stitches were required.

I remember calling you Sister instead of your name. I don't remember when I stopped it.

I remember u never got in trouble because your half of the room was always clean and mine was always messy.

I remember Mom making you let me go out with u and your friends to the skating rink because I cried. I remember that u could skate backwards and I couldn't skate at all.

I remember how much smarter in books u were than me! And u made much better grades.

I remember your first car that when u let me borrow it, every time we turned to the left, the horn would honk!

I remember going to bed and Elvis playing over and over "Are You Lonesome Tonight." That was your deal!


I remember the vacations when I had to sleep on the back dash or the floor board of the car because there was 4 of us kids. Now this was while we were traveling!
Speaking of vacations...I think this pic was taken in Hot Springs National Park? Now can u imagine our kids going on vacations in dresses and us wearing high heals like Mom?

Those were the days!!!

Love Ya......Sis.

And as for my baby sister and my only brother...I didn't have the time to dig for a photo with ya'll in it! But beware...I will!! :)

PS...Oh my gift to u is at Mom's house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blast from the past!! The Rockin Poode is so cute. Go to myspace and see pictures. Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of you and your sister. It's fun recalling old memories and going through old photo's. I think I could set for hours and go through old black and white's that my mema has, it never gets old looking through them!!