Friday, August 15, 2008

Lazy Hazy Days of Summer.....

Those days r over for the grandkids as school starts Monday. Personally, I don't think those days really happened for me this summer. Seemed like something going on everyday. Could this be age? Do kids even know what a lazy hazy day is like now? I would consider it a day with no housework or job or maybe don't get dressed all day and eat junk food and stay in the air conditioning with movies or a book. When a grandkid says..."I'm bored"...what does that mean? Does it mean...Entertain me? JD says..I'll entertain u...let's go pick up rocks in the field. Ha...the boredom word didn't come up again, at least not with Grandpa. :)

The girls have discovered something new to play. I guess it is post office at Nanny's. They each have a mailbox in the playroom and they make mail at home and then bring it and put in each other's boxes. Loving it! MB...maybe a trip to the PO for them to see how it is really done?

Speaking of the girls.....they ate lunch and snacks at my house the other day. I served them on my special, crystal like hospitality plates with a special spot for the cup of tea. Remember, many moons ago, before paper plates & cups were invented, we used them at all baby or wedding showers. I am not even sure where I came about having these but they r shaped like fans. Anybody remember who gave them to me? The girls thought they were special and one granddaughter said, "Nanny where do u get these fancy dishes? U must be rich to have so many of them!" I agreed but I was really thinking....I am rich for having all my grandkids!

Christmas cards will be special this year. J sent in a drawing and it was excepted at Childrens Hospital! So all my cards will be his drawing of a Christmas Tree Farm. If anyone would like to order, I can get u the info. I think they r $20 for 20 cards but not sure.

The water slide is up right now drying out. It will be put away in the box for the season. It has been fun even with the youngest climbing up the ladder only to decide NO at the top but my he is not even 2!

Health is good...CT scan next week.

Must go help at the houses...babies 7 days old but turning them to the back today.

Thought:
Whereever the day goes
may it leave you with
great memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those glass fan plates. I probably have some stored out in the garage somewhere. I don't have any granddaughters to serve. :-( I'm glad you've gotten to enjoy the grandkids all summer. Leave it to Grandpa JD to entertain the kids with picking up rocks. haha