The year was 1908. 100 yrs ago was the first Mother's Day Celebration. Usually, when the Nation does anything for 100 years we hear about it for weeks ahead. I found it buried in the middle of the newspaper this morning. Now what is the deal?
Our Mother's r special people and should be honored more than 1 time a yr. My Mom is 83 and in much better health than me. She takes better care of her body and soul. Rarely do I remember her not arising to fix Dad a big breakfast and putting on her 'full face' of makeup. She would take us to school and other Mom's would have the hair in rollers but not mine! Altho, she did get the hair styled once a week for $3.00 and it didn't move till time to go again.
Mom has always kept a neat well-organized home except on Sunday morning. Daddy would spread the newspaper all over the room for the entire day. I think it started before church and after we got home he just read it again!
HEhe....sure makes me wonder what my kids will remember and tell my grands. My excuse was always that I live way out here in Smalltown and nobody just shows up. But, last week I took an early shower and was relaxing in 'the chair' and I heard a knock on the door. Never did get a doorbell. Lazy me just figured it was one of the kids. I gave the usual, come on in if your nose is clean yell. :) This sweet voice comes back as Hi my name is Karen and we r from VBFB Church. I could have died right there but I made the best of it and invited them in. Like I told them, u don't just show up at my house u have to know where u r going as I live on a dead end dirt road! Oh well.
I did get all the staples removed Friday and no infection. Fever just broke on it's own. I have an appt with Dr. Flippin in 3 weeks for a follow up. I do think the older we get the harder we r to heal.
Jos, u were right about Boston Legal not being on last week. That show is getting as goofy as D Housewives. We r Survivor friends and could not believe Eric gave up the necklace. I was telling JD that he seemed pretty smart for an Ice Cream Scooper until he made that move! Guess he was just cravin attention instead of the $$$$$$!
I made a pot of Potato Soup for our lunch and it was good for me to cook again. Amy just called and on her way with a Sonic Surprise..yummy!
Happy Mothers Day to us all!
Daily thought:
May you always have
health and happiness
as you play the course of Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a lovely Mother's Day tribute to your mom. Sounds like you had a wonderful childhood with lots of good memories. I'm sure your kids have sweet things to say about you too. I hope you've had a wonderful Mother's Day....to a very special lady! :-D
I remember those days....I had a good mothers day, all the kids were here and we all went to Fiesta for lunch.
Post a Comment