Tuesday, September 9, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCILLE!!


Today my Mom turns 83 years young! Such a young 83. She plays music with her church group, called The Strumming Seniors and stays active. She still is a good driver and enjoys it.

For her birthday the 4 of us bought her a laptop. She has been online for several yrs but was using my sisters old computer. Now how many 83 yr old's get that for a birthday!!

I must recommend the song, by Brad Pitt/featuring Andy Griffith, 'Waitin on a Woman'. I figure that is my dad on the park bench at the end. It is currently #11 on the country chart.

Grandparents Day came and went but I call it a Hallmark day anyway. Tomorrow I go to school for 1 granddaughter and Friday for the other 2. Special events!!

Gotta run!

ps. I hope the pic shows...it is Mom in June when we went to visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MawMaw! I may be older but I will always call you MawMaw and be proud of it!!
Happy Birthday!! :)

** Mom - it's not Brad Pitt who sings the song. It's Brad Paisley!! But you get points for knowing it's #11 on the country charts. :)

Amy

Tootsie said...

Very pretty lady. I see where you get your good looks!

Brad Pitt....Brad Paisley....both are cuties. I'd let either one sing me to sleep! haha

Today would've been Don's mother's BD as well. Count your blessings you still have your mom around. I know you do.