Monday, June 9, 2008

Dr. appointment/blood work

It has been 14 days since I last posted! My how time does fly when I am feeling better.

Speaking of....I did see Dr. Flippin last Thursday. The crazy CA125 is still elevated above avg to a 45. He doesn't seem concerned and doesn't know the reason why it is elevated as I am CANCER FREE, according to the surgery. He doesn't think I have anything to be concerned. I do have a LOT of scar tissue and he suggested I take it easy and not push myself. Not a problem for lazy me!! :) I started cleaning a closet this morning and decided to stop and leave the mess for later.

JD is allowing me to work in the chick houses, if I 'feel the need'. He is in the hay for the next couple of weeks. They cut and baled at Ron's over the weekend. I took the twins to ride along with him for awhile and they just love it when I tell them it will be there job to do it someday instead of Pa. What is it about boys/men and tractors?

Looks like a tree in the backyard is going have to go. Seems the limbs r rubbing the transformer and caused a fuse to blow to the house. Needless to say it scared me as I was in the house and the electric was pop pop pop!! Kevin and Paul (his pop n law) were in the shop so they flipped my elec off and trimmed the tree. Thank goodness for Darrel our friend at AV Electric. He came right over at 6pm and replaced the fuse. I just knew something in the house would not work but so far so good. Of course, JD was on the back 40 cutting hay.

I used to love hay season, it meant good food at JD's Mom's house and all the town cousins came out and helped and everyone loved each other. But now I do believe the only one enjoying it is Kevin. Oh and Filipi since he has learned to rake!

Mom had Cataract surgery on one eye this morning and is doing great. I understand the PB bunch is getting real excited about the upcoming reunion!

Lunch time, think it will be some sort of chicken.

I have more to say but for the life of me......I can't remember!!

VBS for the kids this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see those words...."cancer free"!!! Also glad to hear you are feeling better. Keep up the blogging. I enjoy hearing from you.