Saturday, April 18, 2009

So much on my mind these days....

Hello blog world! Testing 1 2 3!

I promised the grands Popeye Shirt's last summer. Oh my...didn't know it would be such a big deal. I started calling the place in Alma for the Spinach Festival shirts about a month ago. I was promised the week before the fes which came and went with no shirts. I was promised last Friday, Tues, Wed and for sure today. Dahhh the festival started today! I loaded myself up in the rain and off I went only to hear....sorry, didn't get them done. I had asked early on if there was any place else I could get them and the answer was no. Today I found out, the Chamber sells them year round!! So dropping a $100 bill all my grands got Popeye shirts. I fulfilled my promise! :)

Anna played T-ball last year but opted out this season. The twins opted in and what a game! Lane can really swing that bat, thank goodness I finally got it right and bought him a metal bat versus the wood! U always need a camera tho...he hit the ball hard and ran as fast as his little legs would carry him to 3rd base instead of 1st! It was good tho! We learn from our many mistakes in life and betcha he won't do it again. Levi says he doesn't want to play unless he wins. By winning he means makin it back to home base. Memories r made every day with kids.

We had a good Easter. Celebrated on Sat which left it open for everyone to go elsewhere on Easter Sunday. We did the egg thing to about 90 eggs that Joshua and JD hid in the yard. They were full of money and candy but I decided the only fair way was to gather them all up and divide by 7 for the prizes. Not sure all the older kids liked it but it worked for me. Then we loaded up and headed to the new pond to sow wildflower seeds. All the kids had a bucket with seeds and off they went a sowin! It rained so hard the next day I am hoping seeds didn't make it to the pond but it will be interesting to see where they come up!

I did attend the church program for 3 of the grands Easter morn. It was good and I saw a lot of old friends. Even a hug from my friends, Brenda and Linda. Brenda is retired now and Linda is still a trucker with her hubby!

The new house is lookin good! Anna says she will be in her new room by the summer! I will try to post a pic.

My health is good. I do testing in May. Chickens r good and before we know it they will be selling again. This is a good thing. $$

Later but not much!

3 comments:

Farrah said...

The kiddos love their Popeye shirts......thanks nanny!

Tootsie said...

YEA! I got my Cathy fix! I had been missing your blogging. Great pics of the grands. You're such a good Nanny. Happy springtime to you and JD!

Anonymous said...

So, let me understand this...

You got a million chickens, and you BOUGHT eggs to hide for Easter ??

Did you go to that highway school, or somethin' ?