Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This n That....

Ya know.....it is 80 degrees out today and going to be a high of 54 tomorrow. Trees r in full bloom and Easter flowers r beginning to bloom. But tonight a storm is forecast and will probably blow a lot of the fragile blooms and baby fresh leaves from the trees. Mother Nature knows best!
+++++

I did go for my Oncoligist appt and did the blood work. Both the CA 125 and the CPR r elevated again but not as high as they have been in the past. They r above the normal range. I have a CT scan next month and then to Omaha in May. I could speculate what will happen next but what good does it do!

+++++++

No chickens for 15 days! This is great except the houses had to be cleaned to the floor and the litter put on the fields. Very expensive and stinky but JD promises me it is cheaper than buying commercial fertalizer. Chickens weighed 7.27lbs and settled 5 of 29 growers. This is good.

+++++++

Had to make the 'plunge' last week and seperate from the blue toliet in the hall bathroom! JD said he would fix it and I said no way I am getting a new one! He sent me to Lowes where I preceded to look at 25 different choices. This is a big choice! I settled for a white one with golf ball flushes. Little did I know till he started installing I had bought a 'handcapped' toliet! Gracious it sits up high..oh well...JD will appreciate it when he gets older!

++++++

I told one of my granddaughters the other day to turn off all lights if no one was in the room. She did it and then turned to me with....why Nanny? I explained if we didn't conserve the energy, there might not be enough to go around when she was my age. Yesterday I was at her house and she was turning off the lights!! U go sweetie!!

++++++

Today one of the twins was helping me haul trash to the dumpster and cleaning out the back of Gpa's old truck. He gathered up all the cans and put in a bucket so he got the speech about recycling for money. Guess I am on a roll!! :)

++++++

I put supper in the slow cooker this morning and it smells like it is burning so best move on....

1 comment:

Tootsie said...

I guess our houses must be about the same age. We had to replace a purple, yes, I said PURPLE toilet and purple bathtub!! I suggested we put the purple toilet in the yard as a planter, but my kids wouldn't hear of it. I also replaced it with a white handicapped toilet, but I did it on purpose. I like sitting up high!