Thursday, November 6, 2008

Heavy on my mind

I am up and having my #2 cup of Java. Four batches of pear preserves and 4 pear pies later......it was fun! Something I haven't wanted to do or felt like doing in a long time. When the pears were offered, it became a challenge! And guess what.....I won!! Thanks B&P for the pears!

Heavy on my mind is Jen's Mom. Jimmy has known Terri since Elementary School. He took her to one of his HS proms. She taught all of my kids 4th grade English. Paul coached all of them in Sr High Basketball. This family has been part of our family for many years before Kevin and Jen married.

I am the Nanny and Terri is the Nanna. We were both diagnosed with a Cancer the same year. Mine is in remission, Terri is fighting a hard battle. She will return from Little Rock UAMC today.

A quote from another place.....Somewhere Terri is hiding Angel Wings because she is such an inspiration to others. Please continue to pray for her recovery and her Miracle from God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for what you said about Mom, I agree, she has angel wings. The true testimony of her faith has been especially revealed in the last few weeks. The true testimony of her character has also been revealed by the overwhelming love, support, faith, and prayer she has received from our family and our church family. Our family may be going through a difficult time but Proverbs 3:5,6 reminds us to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Mom continues to fight the good fight of faith and we continue to fight the good fight of faith with her and for her. Her path is being made straight even now.

Anonymous said...

Terri's cancer weighs heavy on my heart. I hate that anyone has to go through cancer. She is such a wonderful person and inspiration to me. I think very highly of her and her family. I have been praying hard for her and her family. I hope Terri and her family know and feel the prayers around them. They are such special friends and family to me. God will wrap his arms around them and take care of them.

Anonymous said...

I just want to say how much I, and the rest of my family, appreciate all the help that everyone has given us and will continue to give us during this battle. We depend so heavily on you for your prayers, your friendship, your faith, your baby-sitting, your calls, and, not to mention, your cooking (Kevin really appreciates that part Cathy!). Please know that I don't take you for granted but instead I know that I and my family are truly blessed. I would hate to think what it would have been like to face this alone. It's in trials like this you find out who you can really count on. Thank you that you have been there time and again and thank you that I can count on you. You are appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Praying for strength for Terri and all the family. A joy shared is doubled, a burden shared is cut in half.