Tuesday, August 18, 2009

OH MY.........

Summer is going going gone! Grand kids (all but 1) return to school tomorrow! I do believe it will be a good year for all to learn. They range from Kindergarten-6Th grade!

So...looks like it will be me and my Brady feeding my 20 cats everyday! Yep...I have 14 at the composter behind the poultry houses, 1 in the equipment barn, 3 in the hay barn and 2 strays in the red barn. Wonderful mousers! In fact, haven't seen a mouse at the chicken houses since I started this program. If anyone needs a kitten just say the word and I will share!

The granddaughters and I had our annual 'giggle party' last week. Oh my, what a fun time they had at Nanny and Gpa's house. I finally had to 'put the word' on them to get them to go to sleep! We put a tent up on the deck but it was so hot that night we opted to come in the house. But they did play dolls in the tent for hours.

Speaking of dolls.......Amy went thru her cedar chest a couple of weeks ago and found her 'pillow baby family' made by Gma Audrey years ago. I remember her telling the story that when she was little they could not afford real dolls so they made them out of scraps. S fell in love with them so I decided 'I could do that!' I have made a set of 3 for all 3 granddaughters now. Their requests r still coming in! Grant u, my work does lack sewmanship but I am trying and each one is different. I finished S's set the day of the giggle party...and S's 9Th birthday! I told her she would always remember I made them on her birthday and with my broken finger.

Oh my....yep I was turning a crank at the ch house and let go thinking it was a slow moving one....wrong....and the stupid thing was I reached up and grabbed it while it was turning....broke my nail and jammed or broke my pinkie. wow it hurt and still does. Shoulda gone to the Dr.

Well.....all kids should be in bed preparing for the big day tm. Humm...me too!

Love to all.....

ps. Tips:
Don't leave bathroom foam cleaner out in the bathroom cause SOMEONE might mistake it for deodorizer!
^^^^^^^^
When u tell your kids its OK to wash the four wheeler...don't forget to tell them DO NOT stick the water hose in the muffler!

3 comments:

Farrah said...

Yeah I wish I would have gotten that tip a couple of weeks ago. Those boys-gotta love em,

Tootsie said...

There you are! I was getting worried about you. Sounds like you've been having a fun summer. We already have 2 cats which is enough for city life. Sorry to hear about your injury. Boohoo! Take pics of your doll families. They sound cool. I have a new granddaughter, you know, so I may need to know how to do that. Good to hear from you again.

Jessica Hightower said...

Carol has a pillow baby family that must have been Gail or Becky's and my two girl's just love playing with them when they go to visit Grandma Carol. It's great that you made a set for your granddaughters as well. Hopefully they will hang onto them as long as Amy and Carol have hung onto the one's that Grandma Hightower made!!!